People are the most important element of our Business
We spend time training, coaching and developing everyone within the Team. We have a strong set of values regarding how everyone interacts with each other to provide great hospitality and service for our customers.
Salary £26,000 per annum, plus a share of excellent gratuities
We are looking for an enthusiastic, experienced and passionate Sous Chef to join our kitchen team.
The Walpole Arms is an award winning gastro pub, serving innovative British cuisine, using only the highest quality, locally produced, fresh seasonal produce, including some from our own farm!
The ideal candidate must have a previous solid background at similar level, within a similar fresh food establishment.
This role is for a person who has a “can do” attitude, with a real passion for the food industry and ultimately the drive to be successful.
An eye for detail and a keen interest in current food trends would be advantageous.
- Leading the team in the absence of the head chef.
- Supervision of busy kitchen operation – ensuring quality and standards are maintained and kept high on consistent basis.
- Alongside the Head Chef, be responsible for all junior chefs and will be both a mentor and manager.
- Be punctual and be a real team player.
- Full knowledge of all health and safety compliance requirements.
- Assist with daily kitchen admin, reporting, cleaning & maintenance of kitchen & equipment.
- Support Head Chef with stock management: purchasing, supplier relations, quality / cost control, invoices, maintaining GP target
Full Time Hours: 4 and half day week – working day times, evenings and weekends.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
Previous Sous Chef experience in a similar standard establishment would be beneficial. Could also be a good opportunity for a strong experienced Chef de Partie to progress their career.
Food Hygiene Certificate (preferred)
NVQ Level 2 or 3 in Professional Cookery or equivalent (preferred)
Your own transport is essential due to our location.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £26,000.00 /year
Front of House Team Member
As we continue to grow, we are constantly on the ‘look out’ for ambitious individuals, so if you have passion, enthusiasm and a great attitude come and join us.
We offer competitive rates of pay and a share of excellent tips.
You must be available to work week days, evenings and weekends.
If you’d like to work in a busy environment among a professional team please contact The Walpole Arms on tel: 01263 587258 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants for bar positions must be aged 18 or over due to licensing laws.